1) Go to Google Images, type “Atari Breakout”, hit the Search button, wait for a second for the game to start
2) Type “Pacman” and click Search. Click to start playing the game.
3) Type “zerg rush” and click Search in Google Search to play this cheeky game. Your page is taken over by little o’s and you have to click on them destroy them, before they destroy your search results.
4) Did you know that on Google translate, you can write input words you want to translate via handwriting? Go to Google Translator, click the pencil option at the bottom left side of the text box and write the word by hand. This is helpful when translating from character-based languages.
5) To have Google Search teach you how to pronounce big numbers, just type in the figure then add an equal (=) and the language you want it to be pronounced in. This works for up to 13 digits only.
6) You can not only perform direct calculations e.g 5^3, 10+5, 15-8, 35*55, 100/50 in the search bar, but also can calculate the results for trigonometric functions as well.
7) With google search you can solve for geometrical shapes such as circle, rectangle, triangle, trapezoid, ellipse etc. Type “solve” and add a shape e.g. “solve triangle”, click the search button and it will return you with a calculator to solve that shape. You can choose to solve for area, perimeter, gamma, height, side (a) or side (c). Each shape carries a different calculator.
8) You can also generate a graph instantly for a mathematical function. For instance, search “graph for x^2” or “graph for tan(x)” and so on. The search results return with the graph drawn.
9) If you are poor with math but not with tips, use Google’s Tip Calculator to do the math for you. Search “tip calculator” , enter your bill amount, tip % and select the number of people contributing to the bill to get how much your tip is
10) Although currency conversions could be done via Google Currency Converter but if you want to perform currency conversion directly from Google search bar then just type the currency you want to convert from and into like this: 100 gbp to usd. The search result will return with the converted amount.
11) A handy trick for frequent fliers. If you have someone picking you up at the airport, just give them your flight number and they can check your flight status. e.g. PK304. It will also show the terminal and gate you will arrive in.
12) Planning a road trip? Find out how far the trip is going to be by typing both destinations and adding “distance” at the back e.g. New York to Dallas distance.